Sunday, July 31, 2016

Our sealing

We just went to Tyson's sealing this weekend and it was a great reminder of our sealing and some of the things grandpa told us - he gives some of the very same general counsel to all that he seals. First he said that not only do we have to be in love, we have to be in like and genuinely enjoy each other's company. The other things that stuck out to me were that we need to both be as selfless as possible and becoming selfish will ruin our marriage. Most importantly, he reiterated that we are responsible for one another's ultimate outcome spiritually in this life.
-Collin

So I second all that Collin wrote but I have a slightly different wording memory that for me was significant so I'm adding my two cents worth.  In addition to reaffirming that I am responsible for Collin's salvation and vice versa he added that we need to not let evil into our lives.  The world is all around us but we need to not let it in.  Along the selfishness line he said that we need to always sacrifice and put the other person first and that the less selfish we can become the happier we will be. I was really glad that we could go.  It helped remind me of the people that Collin and I were eight years ago and that even though we have dealt with hard things over those years we still love each other.
-Andrea

1 comment: